Sunday, January 13, 2008

After working at a library for a while, I've smelled some pretty harsh smells. You might even say I've built up a bit of a tolerance compared to the average person. Sometimes books smell, sometimes patrons smell, or the origination of the smell can't be ascertained. There are smells that leave when a particular patron leaves...other times, they linger for a few minutes, even after said patron vacates the area. Understandably, not everyone has access to health services, or chooses to take advantage of them for one reason or another. I'm not a social worker, otherwise I'd probably have more answers.
Anyway, this cartoon came about after recently experiencing a smell that can barely be described...I literally had to keep a 15 foot distance from the source or else my gag reflex would start to kick in. A character building shift for sure. Okay, enough ranting...many thanks to R.K. for his idea help and have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Hah! I think that would be the best library invention ever! Forget computer catalogs; clean patrons for the win!
-Angie

ADR said...

That's just a great idea, clean patrons rule. I love the subliminal aspect... maybe if it worked really well, they could add something about not flipping out over fines.

Anonymous said...

Can we adapt this for use on the public transit?

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! And it's brilliance could be put into use elsewhere too! I can see it now! Clean people enformed about the environment they're in! I think my head would explode! :)

Jayson said...

Thanks for the great comments everyone! :)